|- 2D- and 3D Concepts and designs for new-builds and conversions. |
A direct translation from owner's wishes into a realistic plan up to an agreed grade of detailing, consisting of- or
followed by a General Arrangement Plan and other specifications
- Interior- and exterior lay-outs for sailing- and motor yachts and ships
- Precise 3D hull- and roundhouse design. By precise we mean building accuracy.
- Stability calculations to the latest SOLAS, EU 98/18, MCA, RH or CE criteria, an inclining test possibly included
- Performance calculations for displacement-, half gliding- and planing hulls.
- 2D- and 3D construction working drawings for steel- and aluminium structures. Expansions of plates curved in
one or two planes possibly included.
- Rigging drawings and -calculations for custom built masts, bowsprit, booms, gaffs and yards.
- Designs and drawings for special constructions on the 'border' of shipbuilding and mechanical engineering,
such as rudders, centerboards, movable platforms, hatches, etc
- Class related drawings such as, Safety plans, Structural Fire Protection Plans, Escape plans incl. escape analysis
(pass. ships), Visibility from bridge, Arrangement of Life Saving appliances etc.
- Support during building turns out to be an useful service we can offer. This is what experience learns, especially
for larger yachts and ships. Acting as an experienced and competent advisor during an often hectic building
process can be very efficient.
The following software is used:
3D Hull- and roundhouse design Fairway of Sarc, Bussum, NL
and (3D-formed) plate expansions
3D Roundhouse design
and 3D presentations Rhino3D of McNeel, Seattle, US
2D Drawings AutoCad of Autodesk, US
Performance calculations PIAS of Sarc, Bussum, NL
Text-editing and spread-sheets Open Office, Sun Systems, US